Preferred ColorFUEL brands
As you are enjoying your new ColorFUEL lifestyle, we wanted to pass along some of our "preferred" brands of products. These are not intended to be exculsively used in your recipes, but more, to share our opions of things we enjoy!
Gluten Free Brands (also recommended brands for those not following a gluten free diet:)
The following brands are a sample of some Gluten Free products as of 2/1/11. This list, however, is subject to change, as products may be altered by the manufacturer. Most gluten-free products are clearly labeled as such. As companies reformulate their products regularly, your ColorFUEL founders remind you to be sure to check the ingredient label with each purchase for the most current information.
Products that have the gluten-free claim on the package have undergone extensive ingredient, manufacturing and product analysis to ensure they are gluten free.
1. Deli meats: Boars Head, Hormel 100% Natural Choice Deli Meats, Land O'Frost, Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh, Dietz and Watson, Applegate Farms, Sara Lee (packaged.)
2. Oats: Bob's Red Mill
3. Canned tuna/chicken: Bumble Bee, Chicken of the Sea, Starkist, Valley Fresh
a. Bragg Amino's: use in place of soy sauce
b. Brown Rice Cake: Lundberg
c. Corn Tortillas: Mission
d. Soups: Amy's Organic Kitchen has a series of low sodium, gluten free options.
e. Chicken Broth: Pacific Natural Organic, Cambell's (check label, as not all may be GF.)
f. Refried Beans: Amy's Organic Kitchen, Rosarita Fat Free Refried Beans
Non-gluten free meal plan favorites:
1. Breads: Dave's Killer Bread, light, Orowheat/Arnold's Sandwich Thins, Franz whole wheat muffins, La Tortilla Factory tortillas, Don Pancho
2. Grains: Uncle Ben's boil in a bag brown rice, Uncle Ben's microwavble brown rice packets
3. Canned meats: Valley Fresh canned chicken and turkey, Bumble Bee low sodium tuna fish in water
4. Greek yogurt: Fage, Athenos, Blue Cow, Oikos